Our MNC client is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to see to the corporate governance and corporate secretarial needs.
The Legal Counsel will:
- Provide legal advice and corporate secretarial support in drafting of notices, schedules, resolutions/consents, minutes, and expedite/coordinate board of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings
- Ensure all entities in APAC fulfil related regulatory and statutory requirements and internal policies
- Monitor overall corporate law matters including capital restructurings, asset transfers, shareholder distributions, and implement the required corporate transactional stages
- Support M&A activities – divestitures, minority equity investments, entity creation, antitrust filing information, and the incorporation of acquired corporations which may have an effect on APAC
- Deliver training on related matters to colleagues and assist with making new templates and policies
- Uphold the APAC corporate governance library
- Populate the global subsidiary management database for the APAC zone and arrange database reports
- Degree in Law or its equivalent
- Ideally a graduate of ICSA or presently pursuing ICSA coursework
- Possesses regional experience in Corporate Secretarial activities of M&A
- Related experience in corporate governance gained working in a law firm, corporate setting, or with a professional services firm
- Must have proficient drafting, project management, advisory, analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Flexibility to work with colleagues overseas and accommodate calls and deadlines according to time zones
Interested candidates are to submit their resume in MS Word format with current and expected salary. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.