Our client is hiring for a Shift Supervisor for their chemical processing plant. The candidate will be leading a team and is responsible for all shift planning matters for the plant, ensuring that production runs efficiently and smoothly.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Shift Superintendent. This candidate will also be responsible for developing and honing team competencies as well as executing training and ensuring compliance.
- Plan and coordinate all shift related matters so that work is being done efficiently during the plant operations
- Develop shift team competencies and execute shift training on process regularly
- In charge of plant monitoring to ensure all facilities are optimized and operating within specifications
- Responsible for holding morning meetings to ensure availability of the plant is well staffed for all shifts
- Responsible for First level trouble-shooting and optimizing of units operations
- Develop and review the content of operational procedures and instructions on a regular basis
- Participate as Site Incident Commander for Emergency Response Team
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 7 years of relevant experience in chemical processing industry
- Good understanding of the chemical processing industry’s safety requirements and equipment principles
- Positive attitude and development orientation
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Proven track record in leading a team (minimum 3 years of supervisory experience is a MUST)